We love being able to keep in touch with you. And, even though our office is temporarily closed, we are still here for you. We are staffed during regular business hours, so do not hesitate to call us if you have any emergency orthodontic problems or if you have any questions. We are always happy to help!
NAME OUR FISH CONTEST
Want to spread smiles, name our fish, and help support local Columbus restaurants? Enter our latest contest… you could win a $50 gift card for delicious takeout at a local restaurant! To enter, just comment your favorite fish names on our contest posts—either on Facebook (@huttaorthodontics) or Instagram (@jthorthodontics). Be sure to check out Dr. Hutta’s video first to see the fish you’re naming. We can’t wait to hear your creative names—don’t miss out! We’ll be drawing several lucky winners soon.
5 SCREEN-FREE ACTIVITIES
As we enter another week of social distancing, you may be looking for some ways to keep your kids occupied while limiting their screen time! After all, kids are logging in several hours of virtual school each day. We’ve put together five simple things you can do to cut back on electronics while keeping your family smiling.
- Write thank-you notes. We believe in spreading smiles whenever possible! So, take the time to teach your kids the importance of gratitude. Encourage them to write or draw thank-you notes that you can later hand out to doctors, nurses, grocery store workers, or your postal worker.
- Stay active together! Stay healthy and active by completing a workout video together or by playing sports. If you do choose to play sports, make sure your kids are wearing a mouthguard—especially for activities, like baseball or soccer, that can lead to tripping, falling, or getting hit with a ball.
- Read a book. Encourage your kids to pick up a book—now is a great time to help support local authors!
Books for middle grades:
- Want a story about changing the world? Check out Hope: Project Middle School, by Alyssa Milano and Debbie Rigaud—a story about an 11-year-old who never gives up! Buy it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or shop locally by ordering from Book Loft online.
- Ready for a fun novel about being yourself? Buy Trading Faces, written by Julia DeVillers, a story about twins who switch places in middle school, on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
- Love tween girl power and superheroes? Also written by Julia DeVillers, you can purchase UltraSquad on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
Young adult novels:
- Love page-turning spy adventures? Check out You Don’t Know My Name on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft. Written by Kristen Orlando, a former patient who happens to be Dr. Hutta’s niece, this story follows Reagan, a teen spy who must choose between the dangerous world she was born into and the normal life she’s always wanted.
- Need an emotional teen romance? Pick up Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark,a love story about two teens who are brought together following a tragic accident. You can purchase it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
- Looking for a mystery thriller with a side of romance? Get your copy of What You Hide by Natalie Richards (another former patient of ours!). In this novel, two teens must uncover the meaning behind sinister messages and clues that appear following a tragic death. Pick up your copy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
- Want a heartfelt, coming of age tale? Check out Things Jolie Needs to Do Before She Bites It by Kerry Winfrey. Buy this story about inner beauty, friendship, and young romance on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
- Love gritty, survival stories? Check out Be Not Far from Me by Mindy McGinnis, a dark novel chronicling one girl’s harrowing struggle to survive. Buy it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Book Loft.
- Play board or card games. Pass the time with a family game night. If you are getting tired of the same games, challenge your family to learn a new game each week!
- Make a chore chart. With all the extra hands at home, get some help with spring cleaning by starting a chore chart. Be sure to include “chores” like proper brushing and flossing, too!
We hope you enjoy these fun ideas as you stay at home. Be sure to keep in touch by following us on social media. We will be sharing even more ideas to help you schedule some time to unplug!